Disney plus Hotstar Playback error on Samsung TV: When you use Disney plus Hotstar on your Samsung TV, you may face some issues like buffering, video playback error, not loading, something went wrong, etc. You can easily resolve these issues on Disney plus Hotstar by simply rebooting the device, delete and install the app again, update and with some more tricks. Let’s look at it in detail one by one.
|Disney plus Hotstar Playback error on Samsung TV|
Also Check: Disney plus Hotstar for Android TV, Disney plus Hotstar for Apple TV
How To FIx Disney Plus Hotster Playback Error ( Methods ) :
- Cold boot your Samsung TV.
- Update the Software of your TV.
- Delete Disney plus Hotstar from your TV and install it again.
- Reset the smart hub on your Samsung TV.
Solution 1: Cold boot your Samsung TV:
Cold boot your TV is not like a normal booting, it is a little different than turning it off and running it again. When you turn it off, it is actually on standby, on the contrary, a cold boot actually closes the TV and restarts it like you restart your laptop or PC. This will help you to solve the issue which you have on Disney plus Hotstar. You can cold boot your Samsung TV by using two different ways that are with the remote and with the plug.
|Disney plus Hotstar Playback error on Samsung TV|
The easiest way to cold boot your Samsung TV is with help of a TV remote. Simply, hold the power button on the Samsung TV remote until the TV is turned off and turn the TV on again. It will take a minimum of 5 seconds only. If you don’t have a remote, just unplug your TV from a wall outlet or surge protector and unplug it for a minimum of 30 seconds and then plug it in again. Take a note, when you disable the surge protector with other devices plugged in, wait a while before testing and restarting any functionality on your TV. Once you have cold booted your Samsung TV, try to stream any video on Disney plus Hotstar to check whether the issue was resolved or not. Then you can also check Disney+ Hotstar Video Playback error Android Phone/iOS/Windows/Mac/Amazon fire stick.
Solution 2: Update the Software of your TV:
If the problem persists after cold booting your TV, you may need to update your TV’s software. In order to update the software of your TV, you need to first check for software updates on your TV. Here’s how to do it.
- First, go to Settings on your Samsung TV and navigate to ‘Support’.
- Now choose the Software Update section and then click on ‘Update Now’
- If an update is available, it will be automatically installed on your TV.
- Just select OK if the update is not available.
It will show you the current version of the software on the right of your TV screen and make note of it.
You need to check for the new software for your Samsung TV on its official website www.samsung.com sometimes, newer software versions are available on Samsung.com before they are available in your TV's support menu so that you need to check on the website. You can download the latest software version directly from the Download Center by selecting the type and model of your TV. If the version you have seen on the website was the same as what you have noted on your TV, then skip it. If the latest version is available on the website, then do the following steps.
|The current version of the software|
- Download the update and extract it or copy it to the root of the USB drive, do not place it in any folders on the thumb drive.
- Connect that USB drive to the respective port on your Samsung TV.
- After that, go to settings--support-- software updates on your TV.
- And then choose update now and click on yes.
- Now, you have to simply follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the TV to properly install the software on your device.
- Once you have successfully completed the software update, go to Disney plus Hotstar and try to stream the content and see if the issue has been resolved.
- Do not power off or turn off your TV until the software update is complete. It may take few minutes.
- And also you have to note that the video and audio settings on your TV may be reset to their default after updating the software.
Solution 3: Delete Disney plus Hotstar from your TV and install it again:
Before deleting the Disney plus Hotstar from your Samsung TV you need to make sure that you have the login information of your account on the app. Because it will sign out from the app when you uninstall it from the device and you need to sign in back after reinstalling the app.
- To delete Disney plus Hotstar from Samsung TV, go to settings and select apps
- From the list of installed applications on your Samsung TV, you need to locate Disney plus Hotstar and select the same.
- Now, choose the delete option to uninstall it from your TV
- To download the app again, press the return button on your TV remote and select the search icon at the top right corner of your TV screen.
- Type Disney plus Hotstar and select it
- Then select the install button. After the installation was completed, open the app and check if the issue you were facing on Disney plus Hotstar is still occurring.
Solution 4: Reset the smart hub on your Samsung TV:
If the problem with Disney plus Hotstar still persists, you can reset your Samsung TV’s Smart Hub and try the app again. Before resetting the Smart hub, you need to collect the login information of all applications installed on your TV. When you try to reset the smart hub, it will sign you out from your Samsung account and all the installed apps, not just the Disney plus Hotstar which you are having issues with. Make sure that you have the current login information of all needed accounts on your TV. You can get your login information from the respective app developer’s website or from the app itself. If you need login info for your Samsung account, just visit Samsung Account Support. Let’s see how to reset the smart hub on your TV
|rest hub for Samsung TV|
- To reset the smart hub, go to Settings and then select support on your TV.
- Then choose ‘Self Diagnosis’. If you can’t found the Self Diagnosis option right there, then navigate to Device care where you can find Self Diagnosis.
- Now, select ‘Reset Smart hub’.
- Now, you need to enter the PIN to begin the reset process. The default PIN for Samsung TV is 0000. If you ever changed the PIN on your Samsung TV, then enter that PIN to begin the reset.
- After completing the Reset, go to Disney plus Hotstar and play any content.
- The reset process may delete the app from your TV, if so then you can download the app again from the Samsung store.
If you still have issues with the Disney plus Hotstar app after completing the Smart Hub reset, contact the app developer to see if they are aware of the issue.
- hotstar playback error on smart tv
- how to install Hotstar on Samsung smart tv
- how to open Hotstar in Samsung smart tv
- hotstar not working on Samsung tv
- is Hotstar app available on Samsung smart tv
- hotstar not working on mi tv
- hotstar activate tv
- hotstar not working in chrome