Disney plus Hotstar is not working on Wi-Fi but working on Mobile data: When you use Disney plus Hotstar for streaming, you may have come across some errors like ‘An error has occurred’ or ‘Please check your internet connection or try again later. Here, we are going to give some solutions through which you can fix Disney plus Hotstar, not working issues.
How to fix Disney plus Hotstar not working on Wi-Fi:
Below is the list of solutions to fix Disney plus Hotstar is not working on Wi-Fi but working on mobile data.
- Close and Re-open the app.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the app.
- Restart your device.
- Restart your network.
- Try to connect a different internet connection.
- Change the DNS IP of your device.
Solution 1: Close and Reopen the app:
- Close the Disney plus Hotstar app on your device and close it from the recent menu also to stop the app completely.
- Then, open the app again and try to play the video you want.
- If the issue is rectified, the video will play properly. Or else, follow the below-given solutions.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Re-install the app:
Uninstall Disney plus Hotstar app from your device and reinstall it again. It will help you to download the latest or the updated version of Disney plus Hotstar.
- The error will be simply rectified when you use the app’s updated version. To uninstall the app, go to Settings and then choose Applications.
- Now, you have to locate Disney plus Hotstar app and click on it. Click on Uninstall option. To reinstall the app, go to the google play store and search for Disney plus Hotstar.
- Once you find the app on the play store, click on it and then select install. When the installation was completed, open the app and try to play the content.
Solution 3: Restart your device:
- Any very common issues or glitches in any application can usually be fixed by simply restarting the device.
- So, you can switch off your device and restart it to check if the Disney plus Hotstar is working properly.
- If the issues did not rectify yet, you can try other solutions given below.
Solution 4: Restart your Network:
- This is another solution to fix Disney plus Hotstar not working on the Wi-Fi issue.
- All you want to do is to turn off your home network and connect them after a few minutes.
- If you use a separate device like a modem or wireless router for the internet, simply unplug it and plugin it after a couple of minutes.
- Now, try to play any content on Disney plus Hotstar to check if it works well.
Solution 5: Try to connect a different internet connection
You can try this one if the above solutions do not help you to solve the problem. You might have to connect your device to a different internet access point. For example,
- Try to connect to a different Wi-Fi network within the range of your device.
- Bring your device to a neighbor or friend’s home and try to connect your device to their web service and try to stream.
- If you have access to the cellular data network on your device, try to use it.
- Although Disney plus Hotstar do not generally recommend streaming over a particular data network, it is one of the ways to see if the home network configuration issue prevents you from streaming uninterrupted.
- If you can stream using another internet connection, it is advisable to check with the service provider who set up your home network to resolve any issues with the network configuration.
If content runs on mobile data, you need to change DNS 1 to 220.127.116.11 and DNS 2 to 18.104.22.168 on your device and also update the Disney plus Hotstar to its latest version. This might rectify the issue you faced.
Also Check: how to watch ipl on Disney plus Hotstar
How to change the DNS IP on your device:
As we said, if the Disney plus Hotstar works well on the mobile network, you need to change the DNS IP of your device by just following the given steps.
Step 1: Connect your device to the Wi-Fi network you wish to connect to.
Step 2: Go to the Wi-Fi menu on Settings on your device.
Step 3: Now, navigate to ‘Advanced Wi-Fi Settings’ or ‘Advanced Options’
Step 4: Scroll down the page to locate ‘IP’ and set it to static.
Step 5: Now, you need to change DNS 1 server to 22.214.171.124 and DNS 2 server to 126.96.36.199. This is the free DNS server of Google and this might fix the issue.
Step 6: Then, you need to save this setting on your device by clicking on the Save button.
Step 7: Restart your device and check whether the issue on Disney plus Hotstar is resolved.
How to solve HWEB-1002 / HWEB-1001 / HWEB-1000 Error on Disney plus Hotstar:
You may face errors like HWEB-1002 / HWEB-1001 / HWEB-1000 ‘there is a problem connecting to Hotstar service, please try again when you try to stream the content on Disney plus Hotstar. This error can be rectified easily when you do the below-given steps properly on your device.
Question Answer Section:
Why Hotstar is not working on mobile?
- Hotstar Not Working App Cache Data Clearance- Make sure you clear the Hotstar app cache data if Hotstar is not working. For this, go to settings>apps>Hotstar. This will remove previously-stored data & it will start the app as a new client so this may solve the issue.Why my Hotstar is not working on WIFI?
- This indicates that something on the wifi is blocking Hotstar API calls and once you move to mobile data, the API calls go through. To resolve this issue, we request you to contact your WiFi (ISP provider) and raise a complaint elaborating on this issue.Why Hotstar is not working on the Jio phone?
- You will not be able to use Hotstar Premium if you are on a Jio SIM. Use a non-Jio connection or Wifi & it will work. This time don't open JioTV, just open Hotstar.
These are the ways to fix the issue of Disney plus Hotstar is not working on Wi-Fi but working on mobile data. Try these solutions on your device and get rid off of the issue.
- hotstar not working on android tv
- hotstar not working on the laptop
- hotstar not working on wifi something went wrong
- hotstar not working on the android box
- hotstar not working in jio phone
- hotstar not working on iPhone
- hotstar not working on the browser
- unable to watch Hotstar